Re: Topband: BCB High Pass Filter

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: BCB High Pass Filter
From: Eric NO3M <no3m@no3m.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 13:54:07 -0500
Concur; the plug-in filters at the bottom right of the signal conditioner photo I sent earlier are homebrew BPFs based on W3NQN design criteria. Ed published a two (2) part article in May / June 1998 QST that discusses the design background (available in ARRL QST archives).

The ones I built are on smaller cores than those cited in the article and likely those Jay sells, so windings were modified accordingly using W3NQN's design guidelines (and some correspondence). Nonetheless, they work excellent.

73 Eric NO3M