Re: Topband: Am I the only one in step?

To: Donald Chester <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Am I the only one in step?
From: Don Beattie <don@g3bj.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 09:07:38 +0000
That could be one reading, Don.

The other is that WRC Agenda time is intensely sought after, for many changes
to spectrum allocations.

IARU was confronted with the prospect of failing on both its bids for WRC19
Agenda items and in effect prioritised the other (global allocation at 50 MHz)
above the  Region 1 1.8MHz issue. Parts of the world (again particularly Region
1) don't have anything at 50 MHz and that seemed to offer the best prospect of
gain for the most. So AI 1.1 at WRC 19 addresses that issue, and 1.8MHz
extension/relaxation fell by the wayside. Again the 50MHz case results from
spectrum clearance after band 1 broadcasting has dwindled to nearly zero.

73

Don, G3BJ / G5W

This email is confidential and intended for the use of the intended recipient
only. If you have received this email in error, please inform the sender
immediately and then delete it.