Re: Topband: FCC Public Notice DA 16-676 Noise Floor Technical Inquiry

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FCC Public Notice DA 16-676 Noise Floor Technical Inquiry
From: Cecil Acuff <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 14:36:19 -0500
I work for a power company and identify the noise sources and it still takes a
month or more to get problems solved...but that's because keeping the lights on
is priority one and that's a full time job most of the time.

Keeping it friendly works best but patients is a real virtue.  The more work
you can do up front to positively identify the noise source the better...you
usually won't get somebody out but once or twice before it becomes hard to get
anybody to listen.  Get angry and the door shuts quickly.

I'm just telling you the reality from the inside.

Many times the noise source is in our own homes and we don't even realize it.

Cecil
K5DL

Sent using recycled electrons.