Re: Topband: Best way to jury rig a quick 160m contest antenna?

To: "Mike & Coreen Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: Best way to jury rig a quick 160m contest antenna?
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 17:34:27 -0500
Mike,

Have you considered an *elevated* radial at the near end of the coax
feeding the 80m dipole? Connect the shield and center conductor together;
and connect that to a tuner with either K2AV's folded counterpoise --or a
132' resonant wire-- 10' high.

That antenna tuner will have to be determined by experiment. I would bring
along a box of components (variable and fixed capacitors and inductors ).

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com