Topband: Cutting Delay Lines

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Cutting Delay Lines
From: Ed Stallman <ed.n5dg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 22:04:45 -0500
I'm cutting a 40 degree and a 20 Degree Delay line using RG6 at 1.83MHz for a receive 8 circle array ! I know the velocity factor of the RG6 and have all the math worked out .

After doing the calculations and trimming the RG6 back , I'm looking for X=0 at 4.118 MHZ ( or as close to X=0 as possible )

Now to my question: I'm finding the X=0 to be a broad range , looks to be + - 50 KHz on my MFJ 259b .. I know , I need a better analyzer ... Can I double of quadruple the frequency to narrow the span where X=0?

Thanks Ed N5DG

---