Topband: BOG Question

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BOG Question
From: GALE STEWARD via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 15:18:28 +0000 (UTC)
I'm thinking of trying a BOG as I could run it across the corner of my
neighbor's field (after he's finished mowing for the season.)
My questions are:
Can a BOG be used un-terminated and is it then bi-directional, as is a
conventional beverage?
In a terminated BOG, is the maximum received signal direction into the
terminated end or into the feed transformer end?
The reason for these questions is that I could easily position the BOG to the
EU direction but the feed point end needs to be at the NE end (toward EU). It's
not possible to run a feed line across the end of the field to the "far" end of
the BOG.
I didn't see these issues addressed in anything that I could find online.
Any info appreciated...
73, Stew K3ND