Re: Topband: midnight peaks

To: Bruce <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: midnight peaks
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 16:35:43 -0400
Me too, Bruce. I either work or at least hear and spot the same European
regulars.  I've always associated it with European sunrise rather than
something to do with the midnight hour!

73,

Ken - K4XL

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 1:30 PM, K1FZ-Bruce <k1fz@myfairpoint.net> wrote:

> I often get a peak from 11:30 to 12:30 from Europe
>
>  Work F8IQS, G4ERZ, G3ROO, SV3RF, LY2OU, LA7THA, G4UFK, EA1VM and others
>
> Even though its near midnight here, it is aproaching sunrise  there.73
>
> Bruce-k1fz
> http://www.qsl.net/k1fz/beverage_antenna.html
>

> On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 13:04:30 -0400, Carl Luetzelschwab  wrote:
>
>       Over the years I have seen a few comments with respect to signal
> peaking
> around local midnight. If you search on "midnight signal peaking" in the
> topband archives, you should come up with four results. The one from DJ8WL
> back in Nov 96 appears to be the only relevant one that I found.
> I don't know if this is somewhat consistent or just coincidental with the
> variability of the ionosphere. Regardless, any physical explanation likely
> involves D region chemistry.
> Carl K9LA

Ken - K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive
BAMA - http://bama.edebris.com

"Show me a politician who is poor, and I'll show you a poor
politician." - Carlos
Hank González