Re: Topband: VE3OSZ QRT on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VE3OSZ QRT on 160
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 19:11:07 -0300
Bob,

What about a Cushcraft MA-160V ?

A fellow VE9 friend of mine just moved to a subdivision and I sold my old
one to him so he can get back on 160m.

Sure, a tall inverted vee might be a few dB better but it almost sounds to
me like you are feeling sorry for yourself and trying to get us to feel
sorry for you.

There are always ways.

If a aluminum vertical cannot be used for various reasons, mount a
broomstick to your chimney, your stinkpipe, or whatever and use a sloping
wire.

Make a K6MM helically loaded vertical.

Even a low stealth wire around the perimeter of your roof with loading coil
is better than nothing.

Get off your duff and get back on Top Band !

Mike VE9AA..inverted L, apex at only 30' ! ! ! !

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB