Re: Topband: RF interference from 160m to GE Electric stove

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RF interference from 160m to GE Electric stove
From: Bob Lawson N6RW <n6rw@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 09:20:55 -0700
Jay

If you use snap-on ferrites, make sure they are #31 mix. 31 mix is substantially better than others (like 47 mix) at 160m. When I had a vertical on the roof at my So Cal house, I would reset my DirecTV HD receivers, trigger my home security alarm, turn off my air conditioning fan and so on, when I transmitted on 80 meters. All problems were solved with 31 mix ferrites.

73 de Bob N6RW