Re: Topband: alpha amps

To: w5jmw@towerfarm.net
Subject: Re: Topband: alpha amps
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 02:07:30 -0500
Hi John,

At the web page http://www.rkrdesignsllc.com/ they have the following
in bold headline text on the home page.

"Alpha RF Systems LLC has purchased Alpha
Please visit our new web site at www.alpharfsystems.com
Ten Tec is a subsidiary of Dishtronix, Inc
Visit Ten Tec at www.tentec.com
RKR Designs LLC has ceased operations.

Perhaps you have ancient RKR text in your browser cache?

At www.alpharfsystems.com, under the support tab>service policy is the
following:

"Service Policy

At this time we are unable to offer extensive telephone or email
support. Please do NOT call Dishtronix in Ohio. They can’t answer your
service question and  will refer you to this email contact.  We
understand you may find this inconvenient, but with the present
resources it is the only possible way we can deal with the continuous
volume of telephone calls that paralyzed the service department in the
past. Please don’t think we aren’t willing to repair your amplifier.
We are anxious to help you get back on the air, and will repair any
amplifier we made IF we can get the parts.  This can be challenging
given the nearly fifty year history of the company.

service@alpharfsystems.com"

The relevant text is "RKR Designs LLC has ceased operations."

...and "At this time we are unable to offer extensive telephone or
email support."

...and particularly "We understand you may find this inconvenient, but
with the present resources it is the only possible way we can deal
with the continuous volume of telephone calls that paralyzed the
service department in the past."

It is unclear in your email whether you were sending email to
service@alpharfsystems.com, or the old email which could be a dead box
that hasn't been blocked yet.

Brave new world.  "Fast" always costs someone money, for sure. I
always wondered how the various prior Alpha's paid for that old-timey
level of service. I think at this point the new Alpha is trying to
stay alive and somehow get that high end tuner out the door and turn a
corner. Makes me appreciate Elecraft all the more.

We should not take for granted all these little miracles of American
business enterprise in our tiny, tiny ham radio niche of all things
electronic.

Good luck to you & 73,

Guy K2AV