Topband: unfinished Inverted L project

To: Art <artandkaren@gmail.com>, List-Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: unfinished Inverted L project
From: Jim <wa3mej@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 18:31:41 +0000 (UTC)
Art,
While it is probably less than optimum it will work great with a tuner in the
shack as long as the tuner has a good deal of tuning range, this being
especially true if you intend to use that antenna on all bands. I have found
that about 120 ft of feed line works pretty well with this setup too. And if
your tuner does not have enough range then just take about 20 ft section of
coax and add it to the feed line in the shack and try to match it then and you
can always add another section too.

I did this for several years until I got around to adding all 18 radials and
tuning the antenna a little closer AND I worked 60 some countries like that. I
also use this antenna on all of the other bands... no I don't have a beam up. I
live in the woods and tower is pretty hard to put up any distance especially if
you need guy wires. I learned a long time ago towers and trees don't mix, even
a little.

Like Guy said... " JUST DO IT"

Jim WA3MEJ

Message: 7