Re: Topband: Beverage Feed-line Noise Pickup

To: "k1fz@myfairpoint.net" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Feed-line Noise Pickup
From: Arthur Delibert <radio75a3@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 11:34:20 +0000
Bruce --

The coax isn't buried.  A lot of it runs across a concrete pool deck, and then
up to a second floor window, so no chance to bury it.  For the 31-material
snap-on chokes, I use 8 turns of RG-58-whatever through the center.  See the
illustrations in Jim Brown's piece for how to wind them so as to minimize
capacitance between the turns, which affects the resonant frequency of the
choke.

-- Art, KB3FJO