Re: Topband: ARRL 160

To: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160
From: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 21:46:22 +0000
So what does X-QSO do to a log line?

Ken K6MR

From: Tree<mailto:tree@kkn.net>
Sent: Monday, December 5, 2016 11:37 AM
To: Lee STRAHAN<mailto:k7tjr@msn.com>
Cc: Ward Silver<mailto:hwardsil@gmail.com>;
topband@contesting.com<mailto:topband@contesting.com>

There is no way to mark a QSO as unclaimed in the Cabrillo format.

Either it is there or not.

The correct thing to do is have the log submitted with what was copied
during the contest.  It is also correct for the Web App to not delete the
QSO.  In this case - it flagged it - and perhaps prevented submission of
the log without it being corrected - but I think this is not the right
thing.

Submitting the log via via email to 160meter@arrl.org bypasses the web app
- and in this case will allow the log to be submitted as is.

And in any case - if you find you are having issues - you can contact the
ARRL for help.

73 Tree N6TR (who is also the log checker for most - if not all  - of the
160 meter contests)