Topband: Crepuscular Operators

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Crepuscular Operators
From: Phil Hartwell via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 19:46:51 +0000
Hi Topbanders,

I have just experienced my first Stew in the northern hemisphere as G3YC, operating in the S/O, low power, pathetic antenna category. A memorable experience, and I now appreciate even more the need for a good RX front end. Whilst researching a rare bird for my mother, I came across the term "CREPUSCULAR", a new one to me, but it could be used to describe many of us Top Band enthusiasts, particularly those with high angle radiators. It means - active at dawn and dusk.

73, Phil G3YC (VK6GX).