Re: Topband: "Thinking out loud"

To: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: "Thinking out loud"
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 15:57:36 -0500
Tim,

My single crystal was in the 1950's.   A crystal lattice could take in much of the 160 meter band and be pratical.   Thanks for your input.
73
Bruce

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 15:49:12 -0500, Tim Shoppa  wrote:

Bruce -  It has long been rumored that the big EU multi-multis have a crystal filter at their run frequency receivers. e.g. if they are running on 7003.4, they have a crystal filter in front of their receiver for 7003.4.  have never observed that in my visits but maybe in decades past, when receivers had less damage range, it would've made sense.  Also a good reason to put up a fight for ownership of YOUR run frequency  HI HI

  I believe EMRFD has a schematic for a single-frequency receiver, maybe not exactly like you described but similar in principle. Let me see if I can dig it up.
Tim N3QE