Topband: DXing on the Edge - Ordering Information for International Amat

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: DXing on the Edge - Ordering Information for International Amateurs
From: k1zm--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 11:53:47 -0500
Hi Gang

I have received quite a few emails from many overseas Topbanders seeking
information regarding COST EFFICIENT ways to order Dx'ing on the Edge from an
International country.  (I am talking now with the RSGB about a special deal in
the UK - but this is not a 'go" at this point - if something happens I will be
sure to let folks know.)

Here is the BEST way to do it that exists at this time:

1) Check to see if there is an AMAZON outlet in your country.  AMAZON has local
offices in many OECD countries.

2) IMPORTANT - When you go to a local AMAZON site in your country it will
probably say "TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK".

DO NOT  be alarmed at this message. - do not just go away if you really want a
copy.....!!

3) PLACE YOUR ORDER ANYWAY - and be patient.

4) The way AMAZON overseas works is they TAKE ORDERS, then STOCK THEIR LOCAL
IN-COUNTRY INVENTORY based on demand - and your book is shipped to you from a
LOCAL IN COUNTRY WAREHOUSE once their stock is on hand.

This will allow you a LOCAL CURRENCY PRICE and a LOCAL MAIL SHIPMENT CHARGE
that avoids the usual $33USD shipping cost out of the USA.

AMAZON deals directly with Bookbaby USA in some cases, and at other times gets
their stock from INGRAM and/or  BAKER & TAYLOR who are US wholesale dealers.
We amateurs cannot order directly from these big  wholesalers - sorry.  They
only will deal with AMAZON and/or BARNES & NOBLE.type concerns.

5) BARNES & NOBLE operates differently from AMAZON - when B&N is out of stock -
they take the book down completely from their websites and then bring it back
up again when supplies are ON HAND.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FOR USA DOMESTIC AMATEURS:

Your best way to secure a book is to order one from K3LR at DXE and/or WX0B at
Array Solutions.  Both friends have supplies on hand and can ship immediately
at local USA mailing rates to USA domestic addresses.

You may also deal with Bookbaby by following the link on my website:
http://www.vy2zm.com

Any of these ways will work - but if you would like to thank K3LR and WX0B for
their important assistance with the book, kindly give them your business if
possible.

Many thanks for your support - we have sold over 500 copies since early
December when the book was first announced.

Thanks for the bandwidth and GOOD DX'ing on 160M this winter season!

HNY 2017!

73 JEFF   K1ZM/VY2ZM