Re: Topband: fence charger

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: fence charger
From: Phil Duff <na4m@suddenlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 03:24:02 +0000
> On Jan 10, 2017, at 1:04 AM, <w8hw@comcast.net> <w8hw@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I am not an expert when it comes to electric fence, so this is as much as a
> question as a statement....But hear it goes.
>
> Can you put a remote switch in the shack and shut fence off when you are
> working DX??? It is my understanding that animals learn not to touch the
> fence after a hit or two so it is not likely that they will ever know the
> fence is shut off for a short time. Just a question...

The big box stores sell wireless/remote AC switches to control outside
Christmas lights etc.  Check their web sites - I had to order mine for store
pickup and it works fine on my fence charger used to keep out the local
whitetail herd.

Make sure the charger has enough energy to do the job - small fence chargers
for cats, dogs, rabbits, foxes, etc. won’t be very effective on large animals
with thicker fur and hides.

73 Phil NA4M

Phil Duff          na4m[at]suddenlink[dot]net
philip-duff.pixels.com
pcduff.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/philipduffimages