Topband: tower vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: tower vertical
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 08:43:55 -0500
Hello Bob,

When I’ve modeled a 160 vertical interior to an 80M 4 sq I find the vertical
interacts terribly with the 4 sq. The ‘tower’ would need to be broken up in to
3 sections ... not a simple task... I know there are those that have done this
but I suspect they’ve just put it up and taken the results as is ...

just a thought...

Gary
K9RX

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi I have decided to put up a 40m tower to use as a transmitting vertical for
1.8mHz out away from in between our other towers and where I can run 1/4 wave
radials all the way around, and will probably use locally available 12" steel
sections with a conical-type pin base. I would like to insulate the base in
order to make it easier to detune on receive (this will be located in the exact
center of our 8 circle rx arrays). Has anyone used HDPE or similar to make a
homebrew base insulator for a tower monopole? Any other comments about the need
for a base insulator also welcome.73 Bob HS0ZIA