Re: Topband: 160 power

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 power
From: Rick Stealey <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 14:11:31 +0000

Mike says:
I wonder if 1500W would make a difference when I can hear  better.  I doubt
it.

What?  Mike, 1500 watts is 5 db more signal than you have now.  If you can hear
better, such that you aren't getting out well enough why would you think 5 db
more wouldn't benefit you?  5 db is HUGE.  You have down lots and lots of
radials, to make your transmitting antenna more efficient.  Yes, by all means 5
db more transmit signal will be .......   wait, I already said that.

Rick  K2XT