Topband: JT5DX - W0CD Story

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: JT5DX - W0CD Story
From: k1zm--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 04:59:15 -0400
Hi All

While at JT5DX a week or so ago, I took a breather from antenna owrk  to rest
for a moment - and sat down in the lounge behind CHAK's shack.

On the table next to me was a stack of incoming qsl cards and I decided to take
a look at them.

Near the top of the pile as I sifted through them, I was very surprised to find
the QSL from Charlie Dewey W0CD for his 160M QSO with Chak that had been made
in  2009.  WOW - What a coincidence!  I was stunned for a moment or so./....

Many on this reflector will fondly remember CHARLIE DEWEY, W0CD who passed away
a few years ago.

Charlie along with W8UVZ and K8GG was one the the BATTLE CREEK guys who helped
design, build and ship the famous BATTLE CREEK SPECIAL vertical antenna all
over the world to deserving 160m Dx-Peditions who needed an efficient XMIT
antenna for TOPBAND.

For many years Charlie, George and Geprge took care of all of us who needed NEW
ONES on Topband - only asking those of us on this reflector now and then for a
SMALL DONATION in order to help maintain these fine antennas.

Charlie needed CHAK for his 40th 160M ZONE - and commented on that on his QSL
to CHAK.

What a SMALL WORLD!

I thought the TOPBAND guys of today would like to hear this story and I am sure
many of you remember CHARLIE DEWEY fondly as I do.  I miss him at the 160M
Topband Dinner in Dayton which he often attended with the GEORGE/GEORGE guys.

73 and CU on the band!

JEFF   K1ZM/VY2ZM