Re: Topband: My First Antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: My First Antenna
From: Bob Lawson N6RW <n6rw@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 22:31:52 -0700
Hello Anton
I have been in Indonesia five times - always to Bandung on business. I finally was able to buy a place in Arizona with enough property to put up some antennas. For 160m, I put up an Inverted L on a 70 foot tower - under a SteppIR DB-36 Yagi. I was able to work 108 DXCC countries in two years with that antenna. I have an SAL-30 RX antenna ready to install this year, but my first 108 countries from the USA West Coast were worked without an RX antenna.
I hope to have a QSO with you when you get your 160 antenna up.

73 de Bob N6RW