Re: Topband: Ecipse FYI Report

To: <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>, "'Topband'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ecipse FYI Report
From: "Ham Hicks" <ham306@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 15:47:54 -0400
Using my inverted L, which has 35 radials, I decided to monitor WVOC, 560
AM, 5 KW, non-directional daytime, Columbia, SC, approximately 180
straight-line miles away, for any D-Layer change. The shadow passed directly
over them, and at this QTH we were about 70%.  I made occasional note of
audible signal strength an hour before, then 10 minutes during their event,
and for ~15 minutes afterwards.
I did notice a perceptible  audio improvement during the 10 minute window
coinciding with their passing of the shadow, but not enough S- meter change
to confirm any reportable data. Their signal audio then went back to
pre-event levels. So, even though slight, the atmosphere apparently did
adjust.

Ham Hicks, KB4BR
Wilmington, NC