Re: Topband: Inverted L successes

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L successes
From: GaryK9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 19:55:57 -0500
No problem Carl.   Ax they say in real  estate,  "location,  location,
location "  :)

73,
Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: Carl <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com> Date:
8/31/17  7:42 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: garyk9gs <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>,
topband@contesting.com Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L successes
I was only referring to its physical characteristics, not location. Having
been raised on LI it was not a good place for verticals, especially a
Gotham!

OTOH I worked lots of 160M AM mobiles there out to 20 miles or so during
their evening commuting hours. I was running a Viking I at 100W to a 40M
dipole fed with 72 Ohm twinlead with the ends tied together. Absolutely no
ground.......at about 15-16 I didnt know better!

Sorry for the confusion.

Carl
301 DXCC 39 Zones on 160 CW all from one NH town, no remotes EVER