Topband: The band is looking up!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: The band is looking up!
From: <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 12:47:30 -0500
For us in the northern hemisphere, the band is quieting down and looking up!
On Sunday of this week I got the station here back to normal on 160m.   During
summer months I had been using my alternate antenna which is a 1/4 wave sloping
vertical with elevated radials.  For lightning protection during the summer
months I had grounded the elements in the TX array, grounded the elements in
the 8 circle array, and removed its electronics.  After Sunday afternoon’s
antenna work, I got on Monday morning and put out a few CQs.  KH6DX promptly
answered with an S9 signal followed by AL7TC, VK3IO, and ZL2RX.  I got back on
again this morning and found VK2WF.  However, the real surprise this morning
came when DU7ET answered my CQ.  It was a struggle for me to copy Robert but
with some patience, we had a solid QSO.   For those of you that have been
dormant during the summer months, it’s time to get on!

73. . . Dave, W0FLS
in Iowa