Re: Topband: Relay switching at the base on antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Relay switching at the base on antenna
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 19:55:54 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Topband [mailto:topband-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Richard
(Rick) Karlquist
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2017 5:42 PM
To: MR TREVOR DUNNE <ei2glb@eircom.net>; topband@contesting.com

<snip>

In keeping with the word "simple":  a piece of hook up wire running to the
base of the antenna is much simpler than trying to send DC on the coax,
depending on how hard it would be to install this wire.  You can still use
the shield of the coax as the return connection.

Rick N6RK

<snip>

That technique for me when I had a UHF pre-amp up at the antenna for ATV
work.  I used the coax shield as the DC return.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F