Re: Topband: TZ4AM

To: Raoul Coetzee <raoulcoetzee@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: TZ4AM
From: Victor Goncharsky via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:05:18 +0300
Raoul,
Tonight there was the usual TZ4AM's multi CQ with no response. Made a few calls
as need TZ on top but no answer. At the moment running 900w and 27.5m top hat
vertical so barefoot/dipole is not the case here.
Never had problems working that part of Africa, the only one missed last year
was TY2AC (we were out of the country at that time) but Nickolas has promised
to show up on 160 this season.
So the quesion is - how much power do I need to work Jeff? Will 5K be enough?

--
73, Victor Goncharsky US5WE/K1WE (UW5W in VHF contests, ex UB5WE), P.E.
UARL Technical and VHF Committies