Topband: H40GC

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: H40GC
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 07:56:34 -0400
I've been getting up to try for them but
they've been showing up later than I
expected, after sunrise and as things
worked out, I kept missing them.

Heard them this morning and clearly, but
they sounded like they went to KA1O & I'm
KA1J. So I called again and QSB, couldn't
hear a thing. Some helpful guy sent J
which I think was a help to me but I can't
log it unless I'm 100% sure I hear my call
confirmed, so pass. I tried a few minutes
later & I believe they came back again but
AMTRAK nailed me with a passing High speed
train right exactly as they came back,
nothing to hear but arcing in the receiver
for another 30 seconds, then less than a
minute later another train went by and
arcing again.

I hate to keep calling and have them think
I'm not capable of hearing them but one
more try and this time no QSB & no AMTRAK
& I made it. 3C0L last night and H40GC
this morning, two ATNO on Top Band.

I hate to go through the hassle of moving
and I'm in a beautiful place, right on the
ocean, but each Gray line comes right at
the commuter rush hour and trains pass by
every 5 minutes or so. Kills me with DX
and costs me points in every contest with
160 & 80 in it. Connecticut's too
expensive to live in anyway, especially
right here in a Tourist Trap location, so
I need to better my QTH...

But for the moment, two new ones on TB in
the log. :)

73,

Gary
KA1J