Topband: Unfortunately I also feel that Ham radio is more or less lost.-

To: sm6cvx@hjelmstrom.se, vk6vz@arach.net.au, sm5djz@ssa.se, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Unfortunately I also feel that Ham radio is more or less lost.- Hans Hjelmstr?m
From: Dick Bingham <dick.bingham@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 08:16:00 -0700
In Hans Hjelmstrom's opinion I've partially listed below, I completely
agree. Ham Radio is doomed
to oblivion once we old-timers die off.

Why ? Well, consider:
1 - Fear of the FCC and loss of license is gone
2 - Profanity and other on-air forms of civil disrespect abound
3 - 8 and 9-YO EXTRA Class ticket holders - Cracker-Jack-prize
ticket-holders
4 - Cell phone comms to anywhere in the world kills mystery of radio
5 - Examine QST's "The Doctor Is In" column and look at questions Extra's
are asking
6 - It appears today's kids are more interested in gaming as opposed to
things math/science
     they are just application-experts and have little or no understanding
of HOW a computer
     functions.(I have to admit my digital hardware skills are quite
lacking too.)
7 - CC&R restrictions against antennas has crippled many op's driving them
to being
     repeater-band operators
8 - Loss of CW as an entry-into-Ham-Radio-Filter has seriously dumbed-down
the technical
     side of Ham Radio
9 - Repeater systems linked together by commercial fiber lines, etc.

73 Dick/w7wkr at CN98pi and CN97uj
Message: 3