Re: Topband: FT8

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8
From: Terry Sims via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 14:23:26 -0400
Guys,
I still remember those who said the "Dick Bash" books that hams said would ruin
our hobby. Now the ARRL provides you the same information as "Dick Bash". Then
it was the "No Code" exams that was going to ruin our hobby(I agreed), but I
hear no one complaining about hams that tune up on frequency or call on the DX
frequency that is working split. That makes no sense to me. If you have to tune
up on frequency, tune up on the frequency you are going to transmit on. Not on
the one your listening on. To all of those that tuned on the 3C1L 160m
frequency while I was trying to work him, sorry but I still worked him with a
homemade G5RV at 40 feet.
Terry  NN4R