Topband: Capacity Hat Wire Size

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Capacity Hat Wire Size
From: Bruce Osterberg <n9bx73@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 09:31:48 -0600
Good Morning:\

To improve my 160 vertical I want to change its configuration from an inverted L to a Capacity Hat Vertical.  Vertical will be 57 Feet high with Capacity Hat wires.  I am using an 18 Meter Spider pole.  I plan on running 1.5 KW to it.  Looking at spider pole website it says 18 Gage wire for the Vertical part and 26 Gage wire for the capacity Hat.  But it says nothing about the power handling capacity of these wires, (both vertical and horizontal).  I know the spider pole is a bit flimsy at the 55 foot level so a smaller wire is needed but I am sure someone on this reflector has the answers I need.

Bruce N9BX 73