Topband: 81 Years A Ham

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 81 Years A Ham
From: "PAUL M ELLIOTT" <paab@windstream.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 22:04:20 -0000
Yesterday was the 81st anniversary of my first ham license.  My ham radio
operating has been quite low key, mostly low power cw, logging by hand,
without beams and beverages, since 1987 from a noisy city lot in SE NM. I
have managed 186 countries on 160 m, 326 mixed on 160 thru 10 m.  Pre-ham
experiences, like how to "make" a galena crystal detector for an AM
receiver, fall in the "who wants to know" category.

My thanks to all the kind and knowledgeable hams who have helped me over the
years.

73

Paul W5DM