Re: Topband: Beverage transformer and testing

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage transformer and testing
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 18:36:01 -0500 (EST)
I wind matching transformers for receiving antennas with 30 AWG
wire wrap wire. A BN73-202 binocular core will accept up to 18 full
turns (36 passes). The insulation is very tough and it will not short to
the ferrite core. The insulation is so tough that you'll need a wire
stripper intended for 30 AWG wire wrap wire.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/1446

26 AWG stranded wire from old telephone cables also works very
well, will not short to the ferrite core and is very easy to strip.

A BN73-202 binocular core will accept up to 14 turns.

73
Frank
W3LPL