Topband: Wednesday 160m DX Activity Night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX Activity Night
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:48:40 -0000
Well conditions were strange last night . . .

Generally poor propagation . . . and high background noise here (even on my
Rx aerial) - apologies if you were one of the stations I heard calling, but
couldn't pull out of the noise.

However, I did manage to work 16 NA stations in the 2 hours I stayed on,
including across to Texas.

What was more weird was some of my RBN reports from NA stations (which I
often view when the band's quiet, to check propagation) - several gave me
over 40dB above the noise, one even +48dB !

Thanks to everyone who came on (inc several EU stations) . . .

I shall be on at the weekend, and certainly next Wednesday again.

73 Roger G3YRO