Topband: brief opening on topband today

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: brief opening on topband today
From: John Randall via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 17:46:56 +0000 (UTC)
This afternoon, I had my flex 3k on 1.850 when I saw a trong station a bit
lower down on the waterfall display and found it to ne S52AW Karl calling CQ at
16h58z,I answered his call and we had a pleasant ssb qso till he just faded
into the noise, the qso lasted about 2 minutes. This coincided with a drop in
the K-INDEX, which dropped from 5 to about 2.I also worked RW1F last night just
before 22h00z and I am as happy as a pig in mud...hi
There is some hope with my antenna system albeit a small one.
73John