Re: Topband: qro across 160m band during contests

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: qro across 160m band during contests
From: Brian D G3VGZ <topband@planet3.freeuk.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 23:20:54 +0000
John Randall via Topband <topband@contesting.com> wrote:

> Is it just me, but I am seeing many stations across the band,more or less
> at the same signal levels on my waterfall display, as those within the QRO
> section. I appreciate that other country's have different power levels on
> different band segments, but this is really insane. Last night I saw the
> same signal levels and it cannot be down to good conditions alone. 73John
> - M0ELS

I also noticed no difference in this weekend's contest. However in the
recent RSGB contest I saw a reduction above 1850.

After a contest a couple of years ago when all europe appeared to be very
QRO above 1850 and I was peeved at Uk's low power of 32w above 1850 as
compared with other eu countries, I checked the power restrictions for some
of teh louder signals and found they were restricted to 10w. I beleive EI
has a higher power available in contests but don't know whether it applies
to 160.

--
Brian D
G3VGZ