Topband: decoupling Inv L for loop on Rx

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: decoupling Inv L for loop on Rx
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 08:19:11 -0500
I found I had to put a relay in the feedline to my inverted L to
completely open the line on rx.  Your typical "coax relay" only opens
the center conductor.  Fortunately on 160 m. an open frame relay that
opens the entire line isn't much of an impedance bump.  It is
essential that the relay be between the antenna and the shack ground
system, matching network etc.  The inverted L must be isolated from
the shack and rx loop antenna system on receive.

73

Rob
K5UJ