Re: Topband: 160M Balun

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M Balun
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 12:42:23 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Jim,

Have you considered using RG-303 or RG-400 ? They're commonly
available on the internet and at hamfests at discount prices. Its similar
in diameter to RG-58 but rated well over 1500 watts on 160 meters.

However...

You don't need a high performance choke on your vertical unless you
have elevated radials or a sparse radial system with few radials or
short radials. A good low impedance radial system will provide
excellent common mode suppression.

73
Frank
W3LPL