Re: Topband: 7Q7EI on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 7Q7EI on 160
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 09:47:24 -0400
Thanks for that link.  I think that this will be a recurring theme going
forward.  160M is hard.  That what makes it fun for many of us.  Is it still
fun if FT8 is used?  Is it more fun to use FT8 than wait for "the next one"
and hope it comes?  I think we are all making these decisions.  How does the
FT8 decision differ from using a remote receiver?  Or a remote station to
bridge a gap?  It doesn't.  All are using technology enabled by the net or
software written to bridge the RF gap of making the circuit with the
traditional mode like CW.  We will all make our own decisions on that.

My original point is that if we take the early gratification route of
"getting in the log", however that is done, we can't then get upset if less
and less traditional mode exists in the hard environment like 160M.

Personally, for me only, its not worth making those compromises to what I
enjoy, to just log the band fill.

73

Ed  N1UR