Re: Topband: 160m inv vee questions

To: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m inv vee questions
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 11:58:31 -0500
There was a QEX article in 2016 that examined ground mounted verticals.
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/QEX_Next_Issue/2016/March-April2016/Zavrel.pdf

According to the plots in the article, over average ground the signal is still
pretty strong at an arrival angle of 80 degrees above the horizon (5db down
from 0 deg). I’m thinking the occasional large enhancement for the low dipoles
may be at least partially due to the signals being predominantly horizontally
polarized at those times.

Chuck W5PR

Sent from Mail for Windows 10