Topband: 80 meter 4-square

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 80 meter 4-square
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 22:11:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Guys and Gals,

I have been planning on building an 80 meter 4-Square around my 117' tower. I
know it will likely require detuning the tower to make it 'invisable' to the
4-square so that is probably in the cards. Because of the difficulty of my
particular location have to consider shifting the array a bit. Wondering if
offsetting it from the tower a couple of feet to the east would matter? I've
also thought about slightly orienting the 4-square instead of on N-S-E-W to
turn it like 10 degrees where the north-south lineup of verticals would be more
like 10 degrees - 190 degrees and the east west accordingly. The reason for
this would be that the side hill to the NE where I have my one vertical has
about 5 foot dropoff to the level ground. Basically I like in a gorge area with
a seasonal creek through it but you deal with what you have of course.

Any thoughts pro or con?

Terry

KI7M