Re: Topband: Radial plate

To: "'Carl'" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Radial plate
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 10:00:40 -0400
Hi Carl,
I am in upstate NY. We have decent soil but several feet down we are on
solid rock.

I'm envious of your receive antennas. I miss the 625' beverages I had in
Joisey. Only can fit in around 300' beverages here. That is why I switched
to Pennants, Flags and now have one W1FV 3-el array set up. So, definitely a
compromise here.
Only 285 countries and 35 zones on 160M. I shunt feed the tower on 160M. If
I can hear them I can work them, usually.
73,
N2TK, Tony