Re: Topband: KH1/KH7Z was a tough go

To: Larry <pacer99@aol.com>, terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: KH1/KH7Z was a tough go
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 20:21:36 -0700

On 7/14/2018 6:56 PM, Larry via Topband wrote:
Here is my opinion:
160- extremely loud and easy to work. Can’t believe that someone on the west coast
couldn’t make a contact!

Hi Larry

I saw your spot about how loud they were (from AZ) on the first morning.
Not even audible in central CA at the time, and they were
barely audible at the sunrise peak.  It took them several
fills just to get my call right when I did work them.
Be careful about overgeneralizing about spotlight propagation.

It's not just you, but the AZ gang in general often hears stuff
we can't hear on the coast.

73
Rick N6RK