Re: Topband: Question about KH1 to EU QSO possibilities with respect to

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Question about KH1 to EU QSO possibilities with respect to auroral oval
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 07:35:14 -0600
IARU was going on and lots of people are on 6m for E skip season.  I have been leaving my rcv on 6m not 160 lately.

W0MU

On 7/14/2018 7:50 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:
Agree. At my QTH 47.6 N (Seattle) the oval is almost always in the way to EU so long path on 80 is more reliable winter months if the EU's hang around for the west coast sunrise.   So far EU on 160 has been very difficult.  Not complaining since I was one of the lucky 120 that worked KH1 on TB ft8.

Last night I tried TB FT8 and had decent pskreporter S/N reports to all of east coast at 0400Z but nobody there was on the air.  So even with summer being "dead" on TB that may not always be true. No EU reports 'tho, but not many reporting stations either.

Grant KZ1W