Re: Topband: Beverage transformers tht work down to 630 m

To: kd9sv <kd9sv@comcast.net>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage transformers tht work down to 630 m
From: Chuck Hutton <charlesh3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 00:49:08 +0000
Yes, I think we all agree on the meaning of the 4X rule and the other basics.

The mystery to me remains that a 1 turn transformer was good to 270 kHz in the
Clifton data. I calculate at 500 kHz:

1 turn on a BN73-202 with Al = 8500 gives 9 uH

9 uH is only 28 Ohms

For reference, 2 turns = 34 uH and 107 Ohms. 3 turns is 77 uH and 242 Ohms.

So theory seems to tell me I need 3 turns.

Chuck