Topband: Power / Control cable

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Power / Control cable
From: Eric NO3M <no3m@no3m.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 11:36:31 -0400
I'm in the process of finding a replacement cable to supply power (+24VDC) and differential serial signaling (RS-485) to my remote RX switching matrix and vertical arrays.  Total run is about 600ft. The original cable was outdoor rated, gel infused CAT5 using 3-cond for VDC+, 3-cond for VDC-, and the remaining two cond for serial. It lasted almost 7 years.

Recent searches for a reasonably priced replacement CAT5 have brought up a lot of candidates, but with CCA (copper clad aluminum) conductors.  I'd prefer pure copper as far as the power lines are concerned, but price increases dramatically.

Any recommendations on a suitable and decently priced cable to do the job, supplier?  Perhaps parallel runs of 18/2 or 16/2, 18/4 or 16/4, or a good deal for CAT5 with pure copper?

Thanks
73 Eric NO3M