Re: Topband: Toploaded vertical - SWR

Subject: Re: Topband: Toploaded vertical - SWR
From: "Clive GM3POI" <clive@gm3poi.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:46:35 -0000
What I don't understand is why would you use more components than needed.
Why a capacitor (possibly vacuum). What is wrong in using a hairpin which
also DC shorts the vertical to ground.  A combination of hairpin size and
top loading will give you 1:1 at your favourite 1.825 or anywhere else.
Perhaps WX0B's article needs a reprint in the NCJ. It really is simple just
a few microhenries of inductance and you are done.
73 Clive GM3POI