Re: Topband: Topband conditions

To: Tom Boucher <tomg3olb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband conditions
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 08:29:00 -0600
Tom,
Here is a recording of your signal last night in VE6:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nPD7tGmxsHhGO1BgLdUC86kkv3ZXADuN/view?usp=sharing

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nPD7tGmxsHhGO1BgLdUC86kkv3ZXADuN/view?usp=sharing>

The last two nights have been open for transpolar EU on 160m. Fortunately the
QRN from the storms in the mid-west are not a big problem since they are off
the side of my rx.
Last night: G3JMJ, SM7BIC, SM4DHF, ON7PQ, DG1VL, DF2PY, F5NZ and Tom G3OLB.
I also copied Roger G3YRO, with good signals.

Some exceptionally strong signals from Wolf DF2PY, and Len SM7BIC. The usual
fast QSB, but the peaks were strong.
Activity levels seemed low?

The band is alive!!

73, de steve ve6wz.