Re: Topband: elevated radials

To: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>, topband reflector <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: elevated radials
From: Mike Furrey <mikefurrey@att.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 13:33:07 +0000 (UTC)
I took a page out of ON4UN's book for four elevated radials. In the 4th edition
of his "Low-Band DXing," page 9-25, figure 9-23, I used the left diagram. After
I resonated the system, my best SWR was about 2.5 and I fixed that by adding a
"hair pin" match. The length of my radials was 81' and were up about 15'. This
worked quite well for me.

Unfortunately that antenna is in a box since I am currently (temporarily) in a
house on a 1/5 acre lot with an 1/8 wavelength wire vertical to a tree limb and
a single 1/8 wavelength elevated radial. Ugh. BUT I am on the air. Just can't
hear in this very old neighborhood until I get some kind of RX antenna built.
73, Mike WA5POK