Re: Topband: Loss Question

To: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Loss Question
From: "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 17:49:20 +0000
Hi Mike,

That just goes so show you how little I know!  I assumed, apparently
incorrectly, that there was some loss IN ADDITION to the transmission line loss
(which I know how to calculate).  In other words, I thought that if my
transmitter was connected directly to the antenna there would be some mismatch
loss and that as soon as I added coax, then ADDITIONAL transmission line loss
would be added and the TOTAL loss would be the sum of the two components.  I
infer from the responses that the loss is only the transmission line loss
(aside from whatever efficiency losses are in the system due to the type of
etc.).

Thanks for your reply!

73, es DX,

Bob/AA6VB