Topband: Working LP from VK6 to the USA - season approaches

To: "Topband reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Working LP from VK6 to the USA - season approaches
From: "Steve Ireland" <vk6vz@arach.net.au>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 10:02:09 +0800
G’day

After retiring earlier this year, I’ve managed to retrain (at least
temporarily) my body to get up at 5am again for the pre-sunrise period here
during November.

When not chasing DX to boost my DXCC total, I’ll spend time CQing on 1831.5,
particularly in the 15 to 20 minute period after sunrise, looking first for
EU/Africa and then North America long path.

I know there a number of east coast USA stations for who it is easier to work
VK6/Zone 29 long path rather than trying for a contact at their sunset.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ

---